Inspired, generous, and committed individuals have always been the heartbeat and catalyst for Georgia’s legacy of coastal conservation. Over time, Shoreline will introduce you to donors who are making a difference for the Georgia coast. Shoreline is honored to begin this feature with a profile of Jeanne Manning of St. Simons Island. Read more
Conservation donors can contribute to this important work in two ways: funds are needed for operating expenses and conserving land.
- The Conservation Fund (501C(3) organization)
- Mission: Create balanced conservation solutions that integrate economic and environmental goals.
- Georgia State Director: Andrew Schock
- Phone: 404-221-0405
- Website: conservationfund.org/where-we-work/georgia
- Georgia Conservancy (501C(3) organization)
- Mission: Protect and conserve Georgia’s natural resources through advocacy, engagement and collaboration.
- President: Robert Ramsay
- Phone: 404-876-2900
- Website: georgiaconservancy.org
- The Nature Conservancy – Georgia office (501C(3) organization)
- Mission: Conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends.
- Executive Director: Deron Davis
- Phone: 404-873-6946
- Website: nature.org
- Orianne Society (501C(3) organization)
- Mission: Conserve critical ecosystems for imperiled reptiles and amphibians using science, applied conservation and education.
- Chief Executive Officer: Christopher Jenkins
- Phone: 706-224-1359
- Website: oriannesociety.org
The Gopher Tortoise Initiative’s partnership list also includes the Georgia Department of Natural Resources, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and private foundations such as the Bobolink Foundation and the Knobloch Foundation.
- GEORGIA’S BARRIER ISLANDS, PART II: Ossabaw Island
- New Outreach Programs Protect Critical Shorebird Habitats
- Bill Dickinson: Ossabaw Island Ambassador
- Stewards Field Trips 2021: Experiencing the Benefits of Land and Wildlife Conservation
- Stewards Fund UTV Purchase to Support Shorebird Conservation Efforts